Followers

Monday, June 15, 2015

Why Do Bunnies Need a Pet Sitter, Anyway?


People often laugh when I tell them I have a bunny client named Simbalina because they don't know what a bunny could possibly need for care while their owners are away. 

I'm always happy to explain to the public that rabbits are very loving, social animals, which means they not only love to spend time with their humans – they require it. Without human interaction, rabbits can get bored, even to the point of becoming lonely and depressed and that is where I come in! Rabbits not only need to have their litter box scooped, they need food and water replenishment, petting, and play time.


Months ago Simbalina had surgery for uterine cancer (which is why you see the white shaved spot on her back) and has been recovering nicely but her owners want me to report on her appetite and, as you can see, she loves her meals!


Her owners always have the refrigerator stocked with individual baggies of fresh greens to be given to her twice a day!


Sometimes Simbalina's owners ask me to pick fresh basil from the garden to give to her as a special treat!  

I must say that I admire Simbalina's owners for making sure that she is well fed and happy.


I also love that she is given the freedom to roam in the living room under supervision rather than be cooped up in a cage all day! 

This sweet girl is lucky to have such a charmed life and to have a pet sitter who is able to see her whenever my schedule permits!

If you would like to have me visit your bunny, dog, cat, fish, birds, or other family pet and live in the Dover, NH, area please contact me! I'd love to help! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, such an adorable rabbit. It also makes me happy to read about such attentive owners. :)

    ReplyDelete

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!