Followers

Monday, April 29, 2019

Snickers, May You Rest in Peace


A few weeks ago I received word that Snickers (leaning forward on the left) passed away suddenly and unexpectedly but have been too overwhelmed to share this news publicly until now. I've known her since 2015 and she was only 9 when she passed. She had so much more life to live! Her constant sidekick and BFF,Taco, is obviously having a terrible time (he is scared to be alone) processing her loss. I'm beyond shocked!

She and her buddy never walked with me because they preferred to go in and out of doors to scout out the neighborhood and sniff to their heart's content and when they were inside they spent the time snuggling beside me.


These photos were taken during February vacation week (her owners were on a cruise) so I am beyond happy that I had the opportunity to spend time with her before she passed. I always regard every visit as a privilege and also think that time is fleeting so I soak up the memories while I'm by their side because I never know if the parents will move, have a change in needs due to work schedules, or if illness or worse could happen in the blink of an eye.


It saddens me that poor Taco (on the left) doesn't have his buddy to eat with or play with anymore and I only pray that he will adjust to his new way of life. I also mourn for her parents and two sisters who are obviously missing Snickers desperately.


I only hope her family can find a way to heal from this horrible, tragic loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!