Followers

Monday, October 30, 2017

Tukka Crosses the Rainbow Bridge All Too Soon


Tukka looked very regal and comfortable in one of the last photos I ever took of him but inside he was shutting down due to suffering from the effects of an inoperable tumor that spread to his lymph nodes and liver. His mom received the diagnosis on October 19 and because he was in such great pain she scheduled him to be put to sleep seven days later.

I felt honored to spend the last weekend of his life with him and I hope he knew how precious that time meant to me.

I always say that it's a shame that pets cannot live as long as humans do but in the case of Tukka it is especially heartbreaking because he was only six years old and clearly enjoyed every aspect of his life!

 

I hate to think of how much his mom and  brothers, Hobbs, and 


his curious playmate, Jose', will miss him!

As a pet sitter, losing four-legged friends is painful but the memories of my time with them lives on! 

2 comments:

  1. You always deliver a comforting message of caring and love. You have shared your connections with your client buddies, their lives, their passings and their familie's grief with dignity and honor for a long time. I always feel the heartbreak. My condolences to the families and to you as well April, you lose a sweet buddy too...A'Ho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy, for the compliment! Writing about my clients/buddies after they've passed away is one of my ways to begin the healing process. Writing forces me to look back on old pictures and blog posts so that I can gather the most precious moments into one tribute. Even though I see these friends for short periods of time they all mean the world to me! I've always been able to deeply sense how much they miss their parents while they're away and I can also sense how much they appreciate the attention and love I give them. Writing a tribute is my best way to honor them.

      Delete

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!