Followers

Saturday, September 2, 2017

I've Finally Adopted Another Cat!


Yes, I know that my blog is supposed to feature either my Teacher's Pet Sitting Service clients or my own pets but I'm bending the rules a bit by telling you that my next-door-neighbor friend, Noel, is technically mine so I'm giving myself pawmission to write about her! Isn't she cute? 


For nearly two years at any time of day imaginable Noel has been showing up at my doorstep for a kind word, a few pets, and, of course, a meal


from this folksy bowl I bought with her tastes (get it?) in mind because I figured she must love chicken! 


When I'm not with her she lounges on my lawn dreaming of the moment when she can see her other favorite visitor, 


Daisy, when she comes back from her many walks! 


Believe it or not, the two seem to understand each other! Daisy knows that if she doesn't bark or attempt to chase Noel (she rarely tries because she doesn't like to be hissed at) I will  


take Daisy on a trek upstairs (it's a trek because she doesn't want to leave Noel behind as you can see) to grab some treats for them to share! These buddies know that it is a literal treat to get snacks during the day because the usual routine is for me to carry a can of treats which I shake while I walk Daisy and then Noel comes running to my doorstep for more quality time! 

If you're wondering if I would adopt her if she wasn't already owned by the lady next door the answer is YES! She has reminded me that I still have room in my heart to adopt another cat after losing my dear Henry a little over two years ago! 

Do you have a neighborhood cat, dog, squirrel, etc, who visits you on a regular basis? If so, what has that experience been like? Please leave a comment below! I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!