Followers

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Dead Mice in the Kitchen


At the start of a series of visits at Simon's house I read a note that said "Simon has been playing with mice that he finds behind the stove and refrigerator so don't be surprised if you find dead ones in the kitchen. When I find them I fling them into the back yard and sometimes I bury them but I will leave it up to you to decide what you want to do with them." 

As you can well imagine I was horrified by this information because I am not one of THOSE PEOPLE who is nonchalant when I see any dead animal. Instead, I scream and run or walk away from them as quickly as possible. I can't think of anyone who would react any differently. Can you?
 
 

Right after I read the note I checked every nook and cranny for mice but I was fortunate not to find any so I was able to play with Simon with relief. 


On the second day there weren't any in sight so I was able to relax while Simon tried to undo my shoelaces and eat his kibble.


but on the third day Simon looked as if he had something to show me so I braced myself for the inevitable


but as luck would have it, I found this little guy! Isn't he cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!