Followers

Monday, December 13, 2010

How To Play "Baseball" In The Rain


When Lola heard me call her name yesterday she immediately stood up and asked me to play a game of baseball with her but I told her that I didn't know how to play baseball with a golf ball

so.....


she led me to her backyard (even though it was drizzling outside) and advised me to hold the golf ball between my thumb and index finger. When I had a good grip, she asked me to throw the ball far, far away and then


she scampered like a bunny to find it!  She carried the ball all the way to my feet and begged me to throw it again!


and after a few more throws, Lola snuck one more ball at my feet and expected me to keep the game going (of course) but Lola heard a familiar bark from the crowd


of ONE and there was her brother, Sheepie, crouched under a chair begging Lola to stop playing ball in the rain! Being the older and wiser brother, Sheepie explained that if Lola keeps playing in the rain she might catch a cold! So Lola listened to the voice of wisdom 


and headed indoors for a quick towel dry and a tasty treat


and of course Sheepie got a congratulatory pat on the back and a tasty treat for being such a wise and thoughtful brother!


11 comments:

  1. BOL I love it that she wanted to plain in the rain! Mine both love to play in the rain, silly dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the rain, that does seem like a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! We aren't too fond of the rain though!
    Wags,
    Maddy and Owen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra is our only ball player and she wouldn't care if it was raining!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww beautiful Sheepie and adorable Lola!!!! Yay for coming in from the rain!! Me and charlie hope you get to play tiny balls very soon!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with playing ball in the weather. I do it all the time. Plus the after exercise rub down feels great.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Looks like you had a great time getting all sloppy wet.. Thanks for the cute pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Sheepie...so smart...no sick puppies for Xmas pls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is so cute she wanted to play in the rain. My dog HATED the rain and getting wet. My mom and I would take her out and hold the umbrella over her while WE got soaked!

    ReplyDelete

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!