Followers

Thursday, May 30, 2019

What May 30th Means to Daisy and Me

When I woke up this morning the first thought I had was that ten years ago Daisy posed with me and my then fiance', Amos, in the back lot of McDonald's in Vermont on May 30, 2009, after saying goodbye to her foster parents of three months. I will forever be indebted to Shannen and Dave for giving her a wonderful start of a new life far away from the shelter where she waited far too long for stability.

That day was such a blur because my then fiance' and I were so nervous and excited that we forgot to ask her foster parents for her paperwork (the adoption agency never had any which had us question when her birthday really was) so we decided that May 30 would be her birthday. The vet later confirmed her age to be nearly 1 year old at the time of her adoption so by all accounts she really and truly is 10 years old today and it is hard to believe! Look at how young she (and, sadly, me) looks! 
 

Shortly after driving Daisy to her new home I quickly introduced her to my dear Teacher's Pet Sitting Service client and pal, Sophie, (pictured)and many other pet sitting friends!


When she wasn't socializing with pet sitting friends she's kept herself busy by going swimming, 


sitting pretty at the bank to get treats, 
 
doing some Christmas shopping at Nicole's Hallmark in Dover,
                                          
stopping for water breaks at Adelle's  Coffeehouse,


         catching the waves in York Beach, Maine,
 
visiting a turkey just in time for Thanksgiving, 


getting ice cream with her pal, Molly, 


swimming and barking up a storm in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts, 


loving every minute of her many bus riding experiences in Martha's Vineyard, 


and dining out with me in downtown Dover! These are just a sampling of the many memories I've had thus far with my buddy! 

As you can imagine, the objective today will be to make sure Daisy enjoys her BIG day by doing the things she loves to do! Her list of favorite places to go is so long I'm certain that she will be satisfied with anything I choose for her!

I love you, Daisy! Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!