Followers

Monday, May 21, 2018

There Will Never Be Another Iggy


I've been holding out on you since two Saturday mornings ago, May 12th, which was when I found  out that Iggy died of a sudden heart attack while traveling to the vet. He had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure at least a year ago but was on medication that seemed to be help and had not shown any signs of poor health until just moments before he got in the car with his parents. To make matters worse, the 12th was his tenth birthday! To make matters even more tragic, the following day was Mother's Day and his poor mom was without her baby boy!


Iggy not only left behind two wonderful parents but also his brother, Arty, who I went to see  last week with Daisy to see how he was doing. Without his brothers, Lemmy (who passed away last year) and Iggy, barking, jumping, and hopping off the couch to see us Arty was fairly quiet but he was super excited to see us! I'm heartbroken for his family, including Arty, because they lost a guy with lots of personality and love.  



One memory that stands out in my mind was when Iggy came indoors with a decoration attached to his tail that, to me, resembled a wreath! He kept looking back at it as if to say, "I just thought I'd do my holiday decorating early! What do you think?" followed by


my asking him how on earth he could've gotten THAT creative in a matter of minutes! He barked hilariously in response as I laughed and talked in a silly high-pitched voice until I finally removed it and


held it up for everyone to see! 


Of course there were also moments when he slept peacefully beside me after a day of walks, barking at "predators" who drove by his house or stopped by to deliver a package,  playing with his red ball, talking me into giving him "one more" treat, and the occasional trip to get


                                                                ice cream!



Another memory I will always cherish is the above picture because it was taken just minutes after getting back from their first walk (along with my dog, Daisy) with me in July 2014. I can only say that I am happy that I savored every minute with them that day and every day going forward because moments like that were an absolute gift! 

Rest in peace, Iggy! There will never be another you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!