Followers

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Why Daisy and Her Buddies, Potato and Sammi, Recommend Raw Marrow Bones For Your Pup!


Have you ever spent your well-earned money on expensive chewable treats such as rawhide, pig ears, bully sticks, etc, only to find that they did not last as long as you hoped? Or have you found that your dog had absolutely no interest in your chew treat choices at all? If you answered "yes" to both of my questions then my advice is to purchase raw marrow bones (please do not cook them) in your grocer's freezer (some butchers will personally cut them to size and quantity) and I promise that your dog will be entertained for hours or days at a time!

 

Because I knew that my coon hound, Daisy, and her Teacher's Pet Sitting Service pals,


 

Potato and


Sammi could use some extra entertainment I spent ONLY $6 on these bones which equaled three days of serious teeth cleaning! Now that's what I call a bargain!

Before purchasing marrow bones please bear the following in mind:

* Since these bones are initially very messy I advise that your dog chew them on flooring that can be washed easily.

* The size of the bones shouldn't be any smaller than the ones I've presented to you or else they could easily lodge on their jaw. 

* Bones should be larger than the length of the muzzle so it is impossible to swallow whole.

* It is best to monitor your dog while he chews and to keep the chewing to 15 to 30 minutes at a time and then rinse the bone in cold water and then store it in the freezer. Toss the bone out after 3-4 days.

If you have a success story about marrow bones I'd love to hear all about it in the comments below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!