Followers

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Obama's Campaign Goes To The Dogs, Cats, Fish, and Chickens


The Obama Administration is famous for its ability to "speak" to voters, making them feel like they personally are a part of something much larger.  One of the ways they have accomplished this is by launching various groups for Obama such as Women for Obama and African Americans for Obama but the latest group, Pet Lovers for Obama, gives pets and their owners a chance to make some noise for their favorite Presidential candidate on Facebook. 

As of today, Pet Lovers For Obama has over 41,000 likes and I can understand its appeal because the page features innumerable pictures of people's pets with witty political statements like,

   
"If Pogi stands with Obama 2012, no dog can stand against us."

                     and 

                                                                             
            “Not all fat cats are Republicans!”

                     and

  
"Paul Anka isn’t letting a collar-less existence keep him from expressing support for Obama 2012."

                      and

  
            "Clucking for the cause!"



If your pet has been modeling Obama pride for 2012 honorary host, Bo Obama, would love you to submit your photo to http://OFA.BO/d3d3Ya today!

19 comments:

  1. I don't have any pictures but I do have the Bo Obama button on my training bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's so much fun! My whole pack roots for Pres Obama and I think I need one of those Bark stickers. Gobama, Gobama, Gobama!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clucking for the cause!! LOL!!! Love it!!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clucking for the cause is a very clever campaign quote for sure!

      Delete
  5. That is clever indeed. I like the chicken. Made me laugh. And funny things made me drooool too.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad everyone got a chuckle from the clucking chicken! I laughed out loud when I saw him/her on the Facebook page!
    I always love when animals are involved in any presidential campaign because they take the tension away, fur sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just great! I didn't know about this at all! thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I know! It is a great campaign that is worthy of purrs and barks, fur sure!

      Delete
  9. Wow, thanks for the new facebook page mention! We're already facebook fans of Bo Obama, now we got a new page to like!! 4 more years of Bo!

    yuki and rocket

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for providing the link. I've been a member on my personal page of Pets For Obama, but couldn't figure out how to submit a photo to them. My cat writing/blog is the only non-political part of my life. We're all Democats in my home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the Pet Lovers For Obama page and link! I am non-political as well but I can't resist seeing pets in campaign gear and love their clever slogans as well!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for letting us know about this Obama group! Thought I was pretty plugged in here in Ohio, but I had no idea about this group-we're off to the FB page and to submit our picture.

    Check out our recent post about Obama's visit to our nearby park: www.boccibeefs.com/2012/09/a-presidential-visit-to-columbus-ohio.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out your link! How fun that you got to meet Obama at the dog park!
      I'm sure the Obama administration will enjoy seeing your picture on FB!

      Delete
  12. We had no idea! We five are all cats "of color" from humble beginnings--in fact, as black cats, we are considered "unadoptable"! But we don't consider ourselves victims, and we don't think anyone owes us anything. We'll work together with anyone else who wants to help Barack and Bo make this a better country. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!