Followers

Monday, December 11, 2017

Buster Meows About His Blood Work Results


Hello Friends,
This is Buster here! Can you tell by the look on my face that I was not thrilled that the vet called this morning to tell my mom that I DON'T NEED TO GO TO THE VET unless I start feeling worse aka not wanting to eat anymore? No, you did not read that last sentence incorrectly and I'll tell you why:

See, I l-o-v-e-d my car rides and the attention at the vets BUT I most especially loved stopping at the pet store afterwards to get special treats! These Little Lion tuna treats (as you can see) are the BEST (and my mom says they should be because they cost $3.95) and I also loved doing errands with my mom afterwards! I felt quite adventurous (and relaxed) while I watched her go in and out of stores and then get this stuff that she hates getting(she calls it "gas")! 

My old buddy brother, Henry, used to tell me how much he loved car rides and I thought he was crazy because we all know car rides = vet visits but he liked the vet! Now I understand what the fuss was about and wish I could talk to him about it today! Gosh, I miss that food and chair stealer of a brother so much!

But I digress, folks! The vet called with my blood work results this morning and announced that I don't have a thyroid gland issue! I'm pleasantly surprised by this because I watched Henry get gooey stuff rubbed on his ear lobes for years and it looked just plain weird! 

Instead the vet thinks I have a bacterial/viral infection or chronic rhinitis which causes me to not be able to smell my food very well (which makes perfect sense because my mom sometimes had to push food and treats under my nose!) so she's picking up a 14 day prescription of azithromycin (but my mom said "no" on my other med called clavamox because it gave me a tummy ache) today. I also have a bad tooth but the vet says I should wait on getting it removed because this infection needs to clear up first.

Here's hoping that (A) my mom takes me to the drug store to get my meds and (B) that the meds don't make my stomach feel yucky because my mom has lots of special wet food she can't wait to have me try and I also don't want to miss out on those Little Lion treats! 

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!