Followers

Monday, August 21, 2017

The Inside Scoop of What a Cat Sitter Does on Each Visit


Over the years I have been asked (A) Why do you visit cats? They can take care of themselves, right? (B) What do you do for these cats, anyway?  It must be incredibly easy to do!



Well, yes, it is pretty easy to visit cats but some forget that cats are just as social as dogs are (if not more) and expect to get their needs met at each cat sitting visit. For example, Xlavia needs plenty of exercise so her purple feather toy keeps her moving for awhile until 


she decides she needs a peaceful form of exercise, yoga, and promptly starts her practice in her favorite pose, the cobra. I'm impressed with her purr-fect form, aren't you? 


And speaking of having forms down pat, Xlavia entertains herself by making sure I use the correct form as I change the litter box. Of all of the cat sitting tasks I perform changing the litter box is not one of  my favorites but no matter how unpleasant it is, it needs to be done at each visit. 


Of course, Xlavia and her 19 year old sister, Wiggy, needs to have their food and water bowls refreshed daily. Often pets are less enthusiastic about eating and drinking when their owners are away from them so it always warms my heart to see my clients eat when I'm nearby. 


It is also very rewarding to see old cats like Wiggy stand on tiny arthritic paws to beg for more treats, more pets, and more kitty talk. 


But when cat clients refuse to let me leave by sitting on my gloves and cat sitting forms I regret that I have to leave but I take comfort that I have fulfilled their needs for one day until I visit them again. 

If you live in the Dover, New Hampshire, are and are in need of a reliable and experienced cat sitter please contact me! I'd be more than happy to help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!