Followers

Monday, August 7, 2017

Daisy's Surprise Treatment Plan for Arthritis


If you've been reading my blog for the past five years you may recall that my dog, Daisy, was hit by a car causing her back left hip to become displaced and then surgery soon followed. 

While at the vet's office recently I failed to remember (selective hearing?) the surgeon predict that Daisy would eventually be diagnosed with arthritis in either her left hip or knee due to the trauma that she endured from the accident and unfortunately he was right. She now needs to take dasuquin to lubricate her knee (Thank goodness she doesn't have arthritis in her hip as well!) and keep her joints supple. 

As you can see from the picture above, Daisy was not thrilled to get this news but I told her she'll soon be able to climb stairs in comfort if she follows doctor's orders!


Since I am very thrifty I was thrilled to learn that the human version of dasquin (glucosamine) was not only cost effective but also safe for Daisy! However, I soon learned that saving money caused Daisy to have an upset stomach and lots of flatulence! 




Because I've given this supplement to many Teacher's Pet Sitting Service clients over the years it was second nature to compare prices on Chewy com at $80 vs. Drs Foster and Smith at $50! Now that's quite a savings!

As many of you know, Daisy thrives on taking long walks with clients and with me so I'm hoping the veterinarian is correct in that she will be able to walk comfortably soon! 

What advice do you have for prices and products to help Daisy (and my clients included) combat arthritis? Please comment below! Thank you!

2 comments:

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!