Followers

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lady the Labrador Retriever Recovers After Being Shot 80-100 Times


A one-year-old black Labrador named Lady was found wandering behind a home in Waldoboro, Maine, two weeks ago and then taken to Lincoln County Animal Shelter. 


There, vets discovered 80-100 BB's lodged in the dog’s face, back, and legs. Miraculously, she escaped any eye or organ damage and has since been adopted by a new owner, Peter Blanton, who stated: 
  
“She’s a lucky dog. I mean, she doesn’t have any eye damage as the vet said and she doesn’t seem to have any organ damage, so I think she’s going to have a wonderful life. She’s very lucky. I think I’m very lucky.”

Blanton adopted Lady last week, after his dog of 10 years passed away.

“In just one day, she follows me like a shadow. She just wants love, and we love her.”


It didn't take long for police to find the man who shot her, Aaron Armstrong, 32, of Waldoboro, Maine, who was charged with aggravated animal cruelty, a class C felony. He is being held on $25,000 cash bail and is sure to be prosecuted to the fullest extent.



2 comments:

  1. So happy Lucky has some one to love her--she is beautiful. I think the man who shoot her should be shoot that many times with a bb gun to see how he likes it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Fern! She is a beautiful girl and a strong one too to have survived all of that abuse and have such a great attitude! I hope the man who did this to her gets the justice he deserves!

    ReplyDelete

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!