Followers

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Three Cats (and many more) Who Are Still Waiting for Homes at Cocheco Valley Humane Society!


I've been taking pictures of adoptable cats at Cocheco Valley Humane Society on a weekly basis for nearly two months now and while it is rewarding to see that my efforts as well as the efforts of the staff to spread the word about them it saddens me to see cats such as 6 year old Gracie stand in the middle of the floor hoping that maybe I or some other visitor might take her home. 


Gracie was one of the first cats I photographed months ago and I am stunned no one has adopted her yet because she is very sweet, curious, and has shown that she is able to get along well with her fellow shelter cat friends.


Another favorite of mine, who has been at the shelter for over 80 days, is 6 year old Matthew who was fending for himself in a barn before CVHS took him in. I just love his big expressive face and his wise demeanor, don't you? 


It also surprised me that one of the most gorgeous cats I've ever seen, Kitty, a flame point Siamese, is still waiting for her forever home. She is a bit shy but after subsequent visits with her I have found her to be very loving, sweet, and eager for attention. 


I find comfort in knowing that I, along with the staff at the shelter, are doing all that we can to spread the word that these cats (as well as dogs, rabbits, birds, hamsters, bunnies, and ferrets) are available for adoption. It also comforts me to know that these animals are receiving the love and attention they deserve while they wait to go home. 


If you live within a reasonable distance from Cocheco Valley Humane Society, located in Dover, New Hampshire, and are interested in adopting a cat please know that all cats and dogs who are 6 months of age or older can be adopted at the slashed adoption rate of $45 until November 18th! If you don't live nearby, please spread this post around to anyone who might like to adopt a furry friend! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Poor kitties....I wish they could all come and stay at our house....Beth said that may not be such a good idea.... My hope is that they all find loving forever homes soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so sweet we wish them forever homes really soon. We are sure your posts help. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!