As a new resident and pet sitter serving clients in the Dover, NH, area I am finding a lot of dog friendly areas to stroll through and Wagon Hill Farm in Durham, NH, is no exception.
The locals told me that I couldn't miss Wagon Hill Farm if I tried because, of course, there is an old wagon to greet me at the entrance but these lovely people residents have no idea I can miss just about anything put in front of me!
So for those who share my blonde roots or for those who are simply new to the area the directions from Dover to Wagon Hill Farm are as follows:
- Cross the bridge on Route 4 West which brings you into Durham
- From the lights at the 4 way intersection with Route 4, Black River Road, and Cedar Point Road, travel 0.5 miles
- Turn left onto the access road and immediately after passing the field with the wagon perched on the hilltop
- There is a lower lot on the left, about 0.05 miles in with room for about 12 cars
- Or continue for another 0.05 miles to arrive at the upper parking lot on the left where there is room for about 8 cars
This is possibly the most beautiful, well-kept preserved farm and trail in the Seacoast. There are three walking areas – one along the bay, one through the woods and another through the fields. History buffs will find the family cemetery plot down near the swimming area (no lifeguard). Rural views of this 130-acre farm are sure to win your dog's paw of approval, fur sure!
Wagon Hill Farm is a 140 acre farm, which was purchased by the town of Durham to preserve this beautiful resource. Enjoy the many habitats, including a grassy field, wooded forest and salt water with your four-legged friend today!