Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Henry Can't Leaf Well Enough Alone


I could tell my mom and dad were getting ready for something really special on Sunday because they came home with lots of candy, little bags, and an enormous water bowl. I couldn't figure out why they were rushing outdoors with a big bowl of candy until I looked out the window. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw large bumblebees, princesses, pirates, and two-legged dogs and cats standing at my doorstep! I wanted to know what the fuss was all about so I meowed and meowed until.... 




I finally got the chance to be outdoors where I belonged! As soon as my toes touched the front steps I ignored the princesses, pirates, and all of the other kiddos because my dad was holding my favorite toy right above my head!

If you've never played with a leaf then you are missing out on a lot of fun! Why, I could spend hours watching them twirl in the air but I'd rather hold them between my paws.


I know exactly what to do when they falling from the sky, fur sure! To catch a leaf I have to watch my prize very carefully and then I get into position. See how my back legs are about to push me right up into the air?  And in an instant .....


my front paws are ready for the catch! See? I'm soooo fast at catching leaves that I made my mom's camera get all blurry!

I just can't leaf well enough alone when I get to play outdoors and I hope all of my Blogville cat buddies feel the same way about the greatest toy on earth!

Love,
Henry

14 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having so much fun, Henry! You are sure are super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know turning over a new leaf could be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh beautiful Henry!! To catch a leaf!! You're a poet Henry!! A gorgeous lovely kitty bard!!!

    Enjoy the greatest toy on this planet for kitties ever!! :-) Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good game, Henry! I like to play that too. It's almost as much fun as eating bugs!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love how the last picture is blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Henry, you are adorable! Our cats love the long leaves off one of our house plants. They are about 14 inches and thin and so much fun when mom or dad wiggle them around.
    You look like a little kitten out there playing with your leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure you have lots of fun catching leaves, Henry!
    You are adorable!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  8. Henry, you're so cute!

    You're a superb fast leave catcher! Well done. I don't think many others can catch a leave like you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Everybuddy! It's Henry here and I have to tell that your kind words are going straight to my whiskers and my paws and my toes! I take my leaf catching very seriously and to share my skills with all of my furends made me smile (and meow)!
    Your pal,
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Henry you have the most beautiful face :) Leaf catching is a pretty awesome talent too.

    Muah,

    Minnie Moo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You would love our place. It has been raining leaves all week long.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete

Woof! Meow! Meow! Thanks for leaving a comment!