In case any of my readers have ever wondered why I chose to give up a teaching career in 2006 to become a full-time pet sitter, please take a look at the following 10 reasons:
10. I am obsessed with dogs with long, floppy ears! I think Sophie has the most beautiful ears and I can't get enough of them or of her! I love this little girl so much!
9. Tartan reminds me that I won't ever lose my skills as a teacher which comes in handy when she decides to bark at strangers. I simply give her "that teacher look" and the naughtiness ends right away.
8. Because dogs never refuse a car ride to the dog park! Tank and Ellie are two of my best passengers!
7. Because I love overbites...especially Baxter's!
6. And because some dogs beg me to stay just a little while longer and if it's Manny, the pug, I often give in to his wishes.
5. And I just love swimming with Jake, my black lab friend.
4. Finding out that some dogs, like Ella, are very busy before their mid-day walk is a comical sight indeed.
3. And I can't help but smile when I take pictures of Ace because he has lots of style.
2. And I love that some dogs really believe they can drive! Baxter still thinks he belongs in the driver's seat!
1. I love having Daisy as my walking partner and I am lucky that I can take her to work with me everyday.